Do you want to get more done while working at home? If you feel like the chores are piling up and you do not have much time to get them done during your spare time, there are some easy chores you can start to do while working at home during your shift. Let’s talk about easy chores to do while working at home.
If you can multitask and get more done, you will feel more accomplished, and you will have less to do later. If you have much less to do because you completed some chores while working at home, you can spend more time relaxing and doing the things you enjoy most.
#1. Get the Laundry Started
One of the chores you can do at the start of your shift is laundry. Before you start for the day, consider putting a load of clothes in the washer. You can quickly remove the clothes from the washer, toss them in the dryer, and repeat the process with another load of clothes when you have a bit of downtime at work.
- If you can get your clothes washed while working, you will not have to devote a bunch of time to clean the clothes on the weekends when you might not have to work.
- When all your clothes are dry, you might even have the time to start folding them. For example, if you are taking a call or in between calls, you can begin the process of folding some of the clothes that you will need to put away, including pants, shirts, and undergarments.
Sure, you might only get a little bit done at a time, but it is less that you will have to do later, so it is worth it. This is really one of those easy chores to do while working at home, during your shift.
#2. Dust the Blinds and Different Parts of the Home
Removing dust from your home is important. When dust accumulates, it can trigger allergic reactions and cause both stuffiness and irritation.
- If you want to breathe freely in your home, you need to get rid of it. Dusting is just one of several chores you can quickly complete during your shift.
- You can get up from your desk with the duster in your hand and quickly walk over to the windows, where you can wipe the blinds to remove the buildup of dust.
If you have extra time or if you are chatting with a client over the phone, you can continue to have your conversation. Do this while dusting other areas of the home, including your office desk, bookshelves, television stands, and more. Your house will look a lot better when you no longer see a bunch of dust.
#3. Wipe Down Different Surfaces
Not only can you start dusting while you are working at home, but you can also wipe down various surfaces. You can use a wood cleaner for your desk, bookcases, and other wood surfaces in the home or a multi-purpose cleaner for several different surfaces. You only need one hand to wipe down surfaces to remove dust and germs, which is one reason it is an excellent chore to get done while you work.
How to Multitask and Work at Home
#4. Sweep the Floor in Several Rooms
If you get a chance to get up from your computer to do something or if you are talking on a headset and do not need to sit directly in front of the computer to handle the call, you can get up and start sweeping the floor.
While you cannot use the vacuum because it would be distracting while you are on the call, no one will notice that you are sweeping the floors inside your home.
Start sweeping the dust and dirt into a pile and then sweep all the debris into a dustpan to toss it in the trash. Your floors will look a lot cleaner when you finish sweeping them. You might even have extra time to mop them.
#5. Clean the Mirrors in the Home
Do you notice fingerprints and other markings on some of the mirrors in your home? If so, you can start wiping down the glass with ease while you are working at home.
You will only need a microfiber cloth and some glass cleaner to get the job done. Because it is such a simple task that only takes a few minutes, you can do it while you work. Having clean mirrors will make a significant difference, even if it does not seem like that big of a deal.
#6. Organize Your Desk to Get Rid of Clutter
An easy chore to complete while you work involves organizing your desk. If the desk you use while working is looking a bit messy, it is an excellent time to straighten things up.
- Get rid of stuff you no longer need.
- Put your pens and other accessories together in an organizer.
- Wipe the desk down to get rid of dust, and ultimately eliminate the clutter.
You can work on organizing your desk while at the computer, whether you are handling an online task or talking to someone over the phone.
#7. Pick Up Some of the Kid’s Toys
If your home office is not too far from the living room, you might even have time to pick up some of the kid’s toys. Of course, you may want to encourage them to pick up after themselves, but you can start organizing the toys to make the living room look more organized.
- If you can step away from your desk, this is a quick and straightforward chore to complete to save yourself time later. When you feel like the chores are piling up, but you do not want to spend your time off doing a bunch of cleaning, start completing chores while working at home.
- You can multitask to get more done. Complete work assignments and take care of some essential household chores. Do things such as sweeping the floor, doing the laundry, and even wiping down different surfaces.
If you start multitasking to complete the household chores while you work, you will feel much more accomplished. You will also have much less work to do on your time off, meaning you can spend a lot more time having fun and less time cleaning. What is your list of easy chores to do while working at home?
Leave a Reply