When working from home, you might not have all the time in the world to make meals. Save time while preparing delicious food for the family with these easy dinner ideas for WAHMs. If you work from home, you may spend a lot of time at your desk while trying to complete assorted tasks before the end of the day. Although you get to work from the comfort of home, you still have a lot on your plate, which means you might not have a lot of extra time to make meals for the family.
When you want to eat home-cooked meals without spending too much time in the kitchen, check out these easy dinner ideas for WAHMs. You can make flavorful meals for the family within minutes. Each meal mentioned below requires minimal ingredients and takes less than 45 minutes to prepare.
Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
One of the best easy dinner ideas for WAHMs is a simple pepperoni pizza pasta that you can make in 20 minutes or less. The best part about this recipe is that you only need a handful of ingredients to make it. The ingredients required include:
- Mini pepperoni slices
- Jar of marinara sauce
- One box of pasta of your choice (elbow macaroni and rotini noodles work great)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
- Preparing the pepperoni pizza pasta is so simple. You would need to boil the pasta of your choice until it reaches the perfect texture, drain it, and then add it back into the pot.
- Pour a jar of marinara sauce on top of the pasta, toss in mini pepperoni slices, and mix well.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the pasta before serving, and you will have created a simple pasta dish that tastes just like a slice of pizza. It is a family-friendly meal that the children will love.
You can also add additional ingredients to the pizza pasta if you want. Some other ingredients that go well with it include crumbled bacon pieces, sliced mushrooms, sliced green peppers, and even chopped red onion. Add what you like to eat on your pizza to this pizza pasta dish to make it even more enjoyable for you and the family.
Stay At Home Lunch Ideas
Taco Salad Bowls
Prepare mess-free taco salad bowls with ease when you want a simple yet delicious meal to serve your family. These taco bowls are one of the easy dinner ideas for WAHMs who enjoy the wholesome taste of loaded tacos with all the extras, including diced tomatoes, sour cream, and shredded cheese. If you want to prepare the easy taco bowls, you will only need the following ingredients:
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- Tortilla for bowl
How to Make Taco Salad Bowls
- Making this recipe takes less than 15 minutes. You can put the ground beef in a skillet and cook it until it is no longer raw.
- Drain your beef, and then add a bit of water and a packet of taco seasoning to it, mixing well to cover all the beef with the taco seasoning.
- Once you have your taco beef, shredded lettuce and add it to individual tortilla bowls for each family member.
- Sprinkle on some chopped tomato, a dollop of sour cream, and shredded cheese to finish off these bowls before serving them. Of course, you can also add extra ingredients that you like to have on your tacos if you want to!
Cheesy Baked Spaghetti
When you want to make spaghetti but would like to add more flavor to it, this simple cheesy baked spaghetti recipe is a good one to try. The only ingredients needed to complete this recipe include:
- Box of spaghetti
- Bar of Philadelphia cream cheese
- One jar of pasta sauce (any brand and any flavor)
- Italian seasoning
- 1 16 oz. bag of mozzarella cheese
- Any vegetables you want
How to Make Cheesy Baked Spaghetti
- All you have to do to make the cheesy baked spaghetti is boil your spaghetti, drain it, and add it to a baking dish.
- Pour a jar of pasta sauce on top of the spaghetti, mix well, and then add chunks of the Philadelphia cream cheese in different spots on top of the spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, give it a good mix, and then add a layer of Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Put your baking dish in the oven and cook the spaghetti for about 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Pull it out and serve with a side of garlic bread for a meatless dish that your family can enjoy.
Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
When you want to make a healthy, simple meal for the family, this sheet pan chicken and veggies recipe is worth trying. Before you get started, make sure you have these ingredients to follow the recipe:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Chopped broccoli florets
- Sliced carrots
- One ranch dressing packet
- Olive oil
- Cooking spray
- Everything but the bagel seasoning
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- It does not get much simpler than this recipe. You would remove the boneless, skinless chicken breast from the package.
- Lightly coat them with olive oil on each side, and then sprinkle a ranch dressing packet on both sides of the chicken, leaving a small amount left to add to the vegetables.
- Place the chicken breast on one side of a baking pan and then sprinkle a small amount of everything but the bagel seasoning on top.
- Place your broccoli and carrots next to the chicken, spray them with your favorite cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the rest of the ranch packet on top of them, followed by a pinch of everything but the bagel seasoning.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees F and bake for about 40 minutes. Check the chicken’s temperature before serving this meal to ensure that it is done.
These easy dinner ideas for WAHMs are sure to leave your loved ones satisfied with your culinary skills. You can prepare these tasty and wholesome meals for the family in no time, serving a fresh, hot meal that everyone will love. Not only are these recipes easy to make and delicious to eat, but there are also plenty of ways to prepare them to your liking to make them taste even better.
Leave a Reply